We met today and assigned roles to each of us to stay on track. By winter break we plan to have ordered all of the parts for the ROV. We also changed the design due to the competition interfering with our previous design. We also hope to be testing our ROV in a pool by February. We need to machine the polypropylene as well. We have raised $1100 so far but we would like $3000. We came up with some fundraising ideas and plan to enact them soon. :)
Perhaps rotating cameras will be better for this year's tasks?
So we got the tasks for this year's competition, and it turns out the manta ray design that we've been working on won't work. We've got to fit the ROV into a 60 centimeter by 60 centimeter hole in a shipwreck, and the wings alone put us over a meter. Woops. Looks like it's back to the drawing board. We're probably going to be keeping some of the aspects, though!
Today we met for a meeting and discussed what the competition was entailing this year.
We have to waterproof a new servo due to water damage to another. The water got in where the wires were attached so now we have to fix that on the one that still works and the newly waterproofed one.
We have the props on and wiring complete, now we can perfect the ballasting and test our forward/backward movement as well as turns. Besides these adjustments, the next step is adding the servos that will allow our wings to rotate, therefore enabling the up and down movement.